Animal Eye Care of Virginia Beach and Chesapeake are seeking a qualified Licensed Veterinary Technicians for our Chesapeake and Virginia Beach offices. Technicians are under the direct guidance and supervision of the doctors and their primary role is to support and assist the doctors of the hospital. This candidate should be a positive, highly self-motivated individual who can work well individually and in a team environment. Candidates are required to help improve the quality of care given to the patients of Animal Eye Care and to aid the doctors in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work and administrative detail.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs all duties in accordance with government regulations and hospital policies and procedures.
- Assists the doctor in medical and surgical procedures; prepares patients for surgery; induces anesthesia for surgical procedures; monitor patients during surgery and recovery.
- Gives injections and administers oral medications.
- Maintains and properly records all controlled drugs.
- Admits and discharges patients on the doctor's orders. Counsels clients on various aspects of animal care; explains dosage/purpose of medications;
reinforces the proper care and procedures that should be followed at home; makes follow-up calls to clients
- Understands usage and dosage for commonly used prescription and can readily explain them to clients
- Performs diagnostic tests specific to veterinary ophthalmology as determined by the doctors
- Maintains an appropriate inventory of all drugs and medical supplies
- Assists other staff members as required
- Prepares estimates for clients
- Performs other duties as determined by the doctors
- Licensed in the state of Virginia
- 2+ years of experience as a licensed tech
- Team Leadership qualities
This position will include shifts in both our Chesapeake and Virginia Beach locations and will consist primarily of day shifts, Monday through Friday, with occasional Saturday work. Animal Eye Care of Virginia Beach provides great benefits to their employees including (but not limited to) health insurance, paid holidays, 401k, uniform allowance and continuing education allowance.
About Community Veterinary Partners
Community Veterinary Partners (CVP) owns and operates veterinary hospitals and is committed to providing world-class treatment and health services to animals. CVP is a family of 58 animal hospitals with a growing presence in six states. CVP offers a fast paced, exciting and true entrepreneurial work environment. .