Evergreen Animal Hospital is currently seeking an experienced Veterinary Hospital Administrator for our amazing location. We are a full-service, soon to be AAHA-certified small animal veterinary hospital located in Evergreen, Colorado. Our talented and caring team of veterinarians, technicians, assistants, and receptionists work together as a seamless team in order to provide exceptional veterinary care for our patients.
- Work exposure to all aspects of a business enterprise, with demonstrated competence in budgeting and financial reporting and in staff management.
- Minimum three years working in a veterinary practice, unless proven results from other business identity.
- Feel and express a genuine liking for animals and for working in an animal care environment.
- Must be able to work under the broad general administrative supervision of the owners and doctors, and to be able to use sound personal judgment in selecting methods, establishing priorities, and arriving at conclusions
- Must be able to tactfully demonstrate “take charge” capabilities.
- May be required to work uncommon hours, overtime, and be subject to recall in emergency situations. - Deal intelligibly, pleasantly and efficiently with clients on the telephone and in person, often doing several things at one time.
- Display tact and diplomacy with staff members and clients.
- Work almost constantly in the presence of other staff members and clients.
- Be flexible in attitude and work habits.
- Quickly learn how to pronounce, know the meaning of and spell commonly used veterinary terms.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying records and equipment weighting up to 25 lbs; requires sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases
Hospital Manager Duties:
- Promotes a client-centered environment and facilitates programs and processes that meet client needs.
- Maintains the practice philosophy for attracting new clients and retaining existing clients.
- Facilitates resolution of client problems that doctors, or other staff members cannot finalize.
- Resolves financial problems with clients, collecting delinquent accounts and "NSF'” checks; determines when special financial agreements are appropriate.
- Plans and organizes all personnel activities.
- Develops and updates the employee handbook, written job descriptions, employee personnel files.
- Schedules and coordinates regular performance reviews.
- Hires and manages support staff and/or staff supervisors; schedules staff and doctors.
- In consultation with owners and doctors, sets and periodically reviews salaries and benefits.
- Provides phase training and helps staff plan for continuing education; establishes and maintains publications and veterinary medicine library.
- Resolves staff issues.
- Is accessible by staff while maintaining a professional relationship with them.
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
- Works with the accountant in preparing budgets and financial statements and providing information for tax planning and tax returns.
- Reviews financial statements and key performance indicators and discusses them with the owners and doctors.
- Sets goals for hospital performance based on previous performance and mission/vision; designs strategies for meeting these goals.
- Supervises usage of practice software to ensure that client records are entered consistently and correctly.
- Monitors and reports on accounts payable and receivable.
- Establishes an inventory control system to assure adequate stocks of supplies are available; plans for periodic audits; negotiates best prices.
- Develops a schedule for hospital/vehicle maintenance; contracts for and supervises all maintenance activities to ensure that practice medical standards are met.
- Orders and supervises storage of non-medical supplies.
- Maintains a facility/vehicle visually appealing to client and staff.
- Designs and administers safety and security regulations and training.
- Initiates new programs and markets services through public relations campaigns.
- Promotes internal marketing programs to increase client/patient visitation rate.
- Maintains effective advertising in yellow pages and other appropriate venues.
- Communicates objectives, motivates staff, builds and maintains morale; maintains core values and standards.
- Takes an active role in practice staff meetings.
- Promotes cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork; shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the practice function as a unit.
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions.
- Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Promotes continuous quality improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Valley Veterinary Care
At Valley Veterinary Care our goal is to provide the highest quality care and services to you and your pets. We strive to offer the most comprehensive care available and to help educate our clients so they can feel informed about their pet’s needs, treatment and care. We continue to learn and improve our services every day. We welcome questions and want our client’s involvement in their pet’s health and wellness. A healthy pet is a happy pet, and that is what we want most for our patients and their families.